TRADE SHOW TIPS
How to get the most our of the PFA Annual Conference & Trade Show
- Be sure to read all correspondence sent from PFA Corporate to ensure you have the latest, up to date information.
- Visit ALL vendor booths. Even if you have not purchased from a vendor in the past, it’s extremely important that all our PFA members support the vendors who are participating and supporting our event.
- Stay on track with the schedule! Keep your appointments!
- Do your pre-show prep—review the list of participating vendors.
- Set your budget and goals ahead of time.
- Know your inventory needs before the show.
- Keep track of all the orders you’ve placed and be sure to review them each night, just in case you need to contact a vendor the next day.
- Take advantage of the Show Specials!
- Be sure to bring your business cards.
- Network constantly—this is your opportunity to meet and share ideas with the leaders in the industry.
- Be sure to keep good notes during your vendor appointments.
- Follow up with vendors and/or or other members, if necessary after the show.
- Stay connected to all the activities and updates.
- Participate in our meals and events!
- For increased visibility and recognition among our members and other vendors, help us sponsor a meal or an event.
- Set specific sales goals.
- Come prepared to write orders.
- Provide our members with Blockbuster Show ONLY Specials to attract new participants and to encourage those in attendance to buy!
- Create a BUZZ early! Months before the show date we post the Show Specials in our Weekly Update. Send us your information early so we can promote it for you!
- Use the opportunity to get feedback on new product lines and/or programs.
- Help us stay on track with the appointment schedule by being in your booth during appointment times and by encouraging members to move ahead to their next vendor appointment.
- Network constantly—this is your opportunity to meet and share ideas with our members.
- Always follow up!
- If necessary, schedule off hours meetings and appointments with members that might require more time. You can utilize your booth in off hours, just show your badge to the security guard, or we will have some open table areas available outside the trade show for you to use.
For additional marketing opportunities and reduced booth costs, sign up to become a Proud Sponsor of the 2023 Event!
We’d love to hear from you!